Thank you for your healthy snack ideas...seems that frozen grapes and smoothies are universal favourites!
So here's Tommy's quilt so far. Not perfectly pieced but I'm sure he won't object. I don't have a never ending fabric stash, but I do reuse everything I can and that's why the only new fabric for this quilt will be the backing (and even then it will likely be a thrifted sheet if I can get my hands on something suitable). One of the reasons it's been hard to piece is the mix of different weights, from denim to flimsy gingham and left over curtain fabric to old pillowcases, but I'm happy with the overall effect.
I love how reusing fabric breathes life into a new project. For the record this quilt is made from:
- 2 Laura Ashley remnants picked up over 6 years ago in the UK
- 2 of my husband's old shirts
- a dress that my husband bought me shortly after we met for my 25th birthday (um a UK size 8, no way I was ever getting back into that!)
- 2 pillowcases,
- some denim scraps from tote making
- canvas from a curtain sample book bought at a neighbourhood garage sale last year
- left overs from the roman blinds I made for Tommy's room when we moved in 2 years ago
- and gingham remaining from Ruby's Dorothy dress.
Not quite heirloom quality, but lots of love and good memories are going into this quilt and that's what will make it special.